Cool Beans Mexican Salad Bowl
This is a super simple salad recipe that lets the natural flavours of the vegetables speak for themselves! While this type of food is associated with Mexican tacos, I ate this salad when trekking in the Sahara. God knows how the vegetables stayed fresh, though our Berber guide managed to rustle this up for us on a number of occasions and I’ll always remember the freshness of the flavours and hit of hydration against the sand dunes and cracked earth.
Mexican Salad Bowl
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado per person
- 2 peppers
- 330g cherry tomatoes
- 400g mixed beans (200g per person) in tomato sauce (or whizz up your own with tomatoes + puree)
- 1 red onion
- Small handful jalapenos
- Handful of parsley
- Handful of coriander
- Small handful chives
- Dash of rice vinegar
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Dice all salad vegetables – so 1 cucumber, 2 peppers, 330g or so of cherry tomatoes (leave a handful if you are making your own bean sauce), 1 red onion, a small handful of jalapenos (to taste) and your choice whether you dice the avocado or slice it to place on top.
- Add all diced salad to a large mixing bowl with a dash of rice vinegar and squeeze of lime juice.
- Chop the coriander (handful), parsley (handful) and chives (small handful) and add to the mix. Mix well then serve up your portion.
- Add a portion of mixed beans on top (200g per person). If you are using plain beans, you can either blend them for a bean paste or blend a few tomatoes with some tomato puree and a dash of paprika and cayenne.
- If you sliced the avocado, add this on top and you’re done.
the endo diet
Green Body Mojo and its publications are strictly informational and not intended as medical advice, nor a substitution for medical advice. For medical advice, diagnosis and treatment please consult your physician or other qualified health providers. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
© 2017-2018 Green Body Mojo LTD