Summer Feast Bowl
with Lemon Basil Pesto
If you’re craving something light, fresh and a little different this could be the bowl for you. We have lots of flavours going on here; from the sweetness of the fruit to the bitterness of the rocket to the tangy pesto. It’s definitely a feast!
Summer Feast Bowl
- 1-2 cups cooked rice (I use a mix of brown basmati and wild rice to keep it light)
- 1 cup mixed berries & cherries; raspberries, blackberries, cherries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 stone fruit; peach, nectarine
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chickpeas
- 1-2 cups mixed salad greens; pea shoots, rocket
- 1 tbsp seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (1 tbsp)
- Pinch of unrefined salt & black pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil (avocado, virgin olive oil)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- I had some pre-made rice (a mix of brown basmati and wild rice). Cook your rice per packet instructions.
- In a blender, add your pesto ingredients and blitz. If you don’t have a blender, you can chop your walnuts and basil finely and mix. To toast your walnuts, place them in a dry frying pan and stir for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Slice your stone fruit and avocado, and halve your cherry tomatoes if you wish.
- Once cooked, add your rice to a bowl. Place the greens on top, followed by your berries, cherries, tomatoes, stone fruit, avocado and chickpeas.
- Spoon over your pesto and sprinkle your seeds on top (these are nice toasted).
The Endo Diet and its publications are strictly informational and not intended as medical advice, nor a substitution for medical advice. For medical advice, diagnosis and treatment please consult your physician or other qualified health providers. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
© MMXIX The Endo Diet Ltd