Breakfast | Dessert | Snacks
Chocolate Chia Pudding in a Pinch
This is a recipe for those times when you just need to eat something, fast. Whether you need an easy breakfast, a quick pick-me-up snack or just a healthy dessert option to satisfy chocolate cravings, this is my go-to recipe. It also works well as a ‘prepped ahead’ recipe. So you can make it in the morning for an afternoon or evening snack or make it the night before ready for breakfast.
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 cup (240ml) nut milk
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) chia seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped dates
- 2 tsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana
- Chopped nuts (e.g. hazlenuts)
- 1/4 tsp blackstrap molasses
- Toppings; fresh berries, almond flakes etc
- Add a little dash of the nut milk into a yoghurt pot, jam jar or small glass. Add the cacao or cocoa powder and mix into a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining milk (1 cup or 240ml) along with the chia seeds (1/4 cup or 4 tbsp), chopped dates (1 tbsp) and vanilla extract (1/4 tsp). Give it a stir.
- If using banana, mash this and mix in. Add your chopped nuts or other extras if using.
- Leave for 10-15 mins (so that the chia seeds can absorb the liquid) before eating.